The Advice Helpline CIC (hereinafter referred to as “TAH CIC”) takes the privacy of personal data seriously and the legal and compliant treatment of this data is at the core of our operations.
We therefore ask you to please read the following important information which explains how we collect, store, and use your personal data.
Who are we?
EJR Limited is a company that acts as an introducer for several other business and completes some limited non-consumer credit work.
The Advice Helpline CIC Company No. 12859883 has its registered office at Harley House, 29 Cambray Pl, Cheltenham, England, GL50 1JN
What do we mean by Personal Data?
By personal data (or personal information), we mean information that relates to you and is used to identify you, either directly or in conjunction with other material we hold.
How do we collect information from you?
We collect personal information about you as and when you consent to us doing so by agreeing our Data Consent forms, or by indicating consent on our online forms. We gather your consent online before entering into business relations with you.
What type of information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (which may include information about your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and page views);
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us, receiving our newsletters, updates and emails (including your email address);
- information that you provide when using a product search or completing an enquiry form (including your personal information, postcode, phone number and details relating to your requirements);
- information that you provide when entering a prize competition on the website;
- information that you provide to enable us to fulfil any prize won by you (which may include your postal address or bank details);
- information supplied to us when you sign up to our money saving newsletter via a third party promotion, including via email campaigns, competition sites and survey websites (including your title, first name, surname and email address and in some cases your address and gender);
Why do we collect information from you?
We use your personal information for the following:
- Provision of services or to provide you with the information, products and services you have requested from us.
- To comply with legislation in relation to anti money laundering regulations and the Financial Services and Markets Act.
- To enable us to fulfil any prize won by you (which may include your postal address or bank details); (f) information supplied to us when you sign up to our money saving newsletter via a third party promotion, including via email campaigns, competition sites and survey websites (including your title, first name, surname and email address and in some cases your address and gender); (g) any other information that you choose to send to us (including testimonials, feedback and questions).
How do we protect your personal information?
Any personal information we collect, record, or use in any way, be it on computer, hard copy or in any other form, is secured through our safeguarding processes to ensure that we meet our obligations under the GDPR
What are your rights surrounding your personal information?
The GDPR enhances your rights surrounding your personal data. This includes:
- The right of access – you have the right to request a copy of any personal information we hold on you. This will be provided in a structured format, free of charge, within 30 days of your request. Requests can be made in writing, by phone or by email, to any of our contact details provided below.
The Advice Helpline CIC, Harley House, 29 Cambray Pl, Cheltenham, England, GL50 1JN GDPR(at)theadvicehelpine.org
- The right to rectification – you have the right to request us to rectify any of your personal data which you believe is inaccurate or incomplete. We will respond within one month (this can be extended by two months where the request for rectification is complex). Requests can be made in writing, by phone or by email, to any of our contact details provided above.
- The right to erasure – you have the right to request ‘to be forgotten’, i.e. for us to delete all records of your personal data. We will comply with your request, unless we have a legal obligation to continue to hold your personal data, in which case we will inform you of the reason we are unable to complete your request.
- The right to restrict processing – you have the right to ‘block’ or suppress processing of personal data – in this case we will retain just enough information about you to ensure that the restriction is respected in future.
- The right to data portability – you may request a copy of your personal data, in order to use it for your own purposes across different services, e.g. moving it from one IT environment to another in a safe and secure way. We will provide the data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable form, e.g. CSV files. This will be provided free of charge and within one month (this can be extended by two months where the request is complex).
- The right to object – you have the right to object to us processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes, and historical or statistical purposes, and we will respect this request as soon as we receive it (by post / email / phone, details of which are provided above).
Who do we share your personal information with?
We will only share your personal data with third parties when it is necessary for the service you have asked us to provide, and we will have contracts/safeguards in place to ensure that they treat the privacy of your personal data with the same importance as we do. You will be advised of the specific third parties with whom we may share your data.
These third parties, amongst others, may include:
- Local Authorities
- The Financial Conduct Authority
- Send in Blue
- HubSolv Limited
- All our financial services partners, remembering that we are an introducer for many firms
- Third party financial services providers
- Our compliance and regulatory and accounting auditors
Companies we may share your data with include;
- Harper McDermott / Trust Deed Scotland First Floor, The Reel House,, 7 West Regent St, Glasgow, G2 1RW
- MLS Solvency Ltd 58 West Regent Street, Glasgow, G2 2QZ
- Maxwell Scott Ltd, 1st Floor, Marnshaw House, Warrington Lane, Lymm, WA13 0SW
- Debt Support Service Limited 11A Christie Way, Manchester M21 7QY
- Refresh Debt Services Ltd, Milltown House, Milltown Industrial Estate, Greenan Rd, Warrenpoint, Newry BT34 3FN
- UtilitySavingExpert.Com Ltd, Harley House, 29 Cambray Pl, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, GL50 1JN
- Parker Philips Insolvency Limited, 1st Floor, Marnshaw House, Warrington Lane, Lymm, WA13 0SW
- Gregory Pennington Think Park, Mosley Rd, Trafford Park, Stretford, Manchester M17 1FQ
- Phoenix Insolvency Practioners Limited Earl Mill, Dowry Street, Oldham, England, OL8 2PF
- Hanover Insolvency Crown Industrial Estate, Midwest House 11, Canal Rd, Timperley, Altrincham WA14 1TF
- Johnson Geddes, Landmark House, Station Rd, Cheadle Hulme, Cheadle SK8 7BS
Updates to this Policy
This policy was last updated in January 2023.